Goal 2: Improve campus safety and physical environment
Campus safety and the physical environment are important aspects of the campus and impact student success. Maintaining and enhancing campus facilities and infrastructure, as well as beautification of the campus by focusing on cleanliness, aesthetics and Titan Pride, provide a vibrant learning and work environment for students, faculty and staff. (aligned with University Strategic Plan Goals #2 and #4)
- Improve Safety.
- Develop and implement a plan to reduce deferred maintenance backlog.
- Develop a sustainable plan to address landscape enhancement and beautification needs.
- Partner with Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) to develop a safety application.
- Increase the visibility of the University Police Department on campus.
- In partnership with Environmental Health and Safety, maintain and enhance nighttime lighting levels.
- Educate students, faculty and staff on how to be safer by promoting the Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) course, workshops and other crime prevention events.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate training of the police, community service and parking officers, including community-based policing.
- Create a recruitment plan to ensure a diverse pool of candidates for positions within the University Police Department.
- Increase the visibility of the University Police Department's locations on campus.
- Assess and quantify specific building and infrastructure deficiencies and associated costs.
- Continue to improve preventive maintenance programs to extend life cycles of building components.
- Align project priorities with the Academic Master Plan.
- Tie programs to the Utility Master Plan and capital renewal priorities.
- Create a funding plan to reduce deferred maintenance backlog.
- Create and fund a landscape master plan to address drought.
- Improve walkways and edgings throughout campus for functionality and aesthetics.
- Improve physical appearance, vibrancy and cleanliness of campus.
- Expand banner project on campus.
- Identify additional areas of campus to paint Titan colors.